What is it?
Healing a Parent’s Heart is a three-day group experience for parents of gay and lesbian children. This is NOT a parent-child retreat, but a small group experience for parents.
Because of their years of experience with homosexual men and women, Janelle and her associates are in a unique position to help parents better understand,heal and strengthen their relationship with their son or daughter.
This retreat is brought to you by Desert Hope Ministries.
Anticipated Date: June 27-29, 2014
Meals for the retreat are held at the offices of Janelle Hallman and Associates, while the lectures and group experiences are held at the Double Tree Hotel. These two locations are within walking distance of one another.
8771 Wolff Court, Suite 210
Westminster, CO 80031
Double Tree Hotel
8773 Yates Drive
Westminster, CO 80031
$800 per couple or $450 per adult.
This payment includes a light dinner on Friday evening, lunch and dinner on Saturday, and lunch on Sunday. The price does not include travel or lodging.
Beginning on Friday evening and ending on Sunday afternoon, time will be spent in teaching, personal reflection, sharing, learning, inspirational readings, dialogue, fellowship, training, processing, eating, praying, crying, and laughing. Specifically, every parent in attendance will:
- Hear a personal story of healing and growth from another parent of a son or daughter with same-sex attraction
- Receive framework for understanding the causes of same-sex attraction
- Hear a personal story of healing and hope from a man or woman who has struggled with same-sex attraction.
- Sharing personal history and circumstances as related to one’s child
- Gain a deeper understanding of one’s child
- Receive training on how to employ certain techniques that will help to secure and stabilize a strong warmattachment with their child
- Receive personal coaching on their unique relationship with their child
- Obtain practical tips in handling other family relationships and concerns in light of child’s homosexuality
- Discover how to build a personal support system
- Gain personal insight and experience hope and joy in the midst of sorrow and loss
- Be encouraged, refreshed, and strengthened for the journey ahead
What Parents Are Saying About the Retreat
“My life has changed! I have been reminded at how gifted and special my child is. I’ve learned better communication skills and how to reach out to my child. I am so grateful for the opportunity to have attended this retreat!” - A Parent
“This retreat was a wonderful experience getting to know other couples and bearing of their struggles. It’s always healing when there are other people who can relate to your own journey in life.”
- A Parent
“My husband and I want to thank you for your time with us last evening. It was enlightening. You blessed us with your guidance and listening, and opened our minds to new ways to relate to our daughter in love.”
“I feel more hopeful! I received concrete steps of things that I can do that will help my relationship with my son.” – A Parent
“The retreat was emotional and exhausting and I loved every minute! I was at home because I was in such a safe place.”
- A Parent
6:30 pm – Introductions and Paperwork – Drinks and a light dinner will be provided.
7 pm – Formal evening schedule begins
9:00 am – 9:45 pm
9:00 am – 2 pm
Plan on one hour to drive to the airport after lunch on Sunday. You should not schedule a return flight earlier than 4:30-5:00 p.m. on Sunday afternoon.
Each parent must complete and mail in an Application Form with a $200 down payment. The remainder of the fee will be collected at the time of the retreat and can be paid either with cash, check or credit card.
If you would like an application form mailed to you, please call Janelle’s office at 303.429.2100. Advanced registration is required. Space is limited. Applications will be accepted on a space available basis.
Payments can be made via Paypal:
Staying in Colorado
Visit our travel page for information on local hotels, transportation and detailed directions for the Colorado retreat.
For more information on individual or family counseling for related topics please visit
Janelle Hallman & Associates or call 303-429-2100