What is it?
Healing a Mother’s Heart is a three-day group experience for mothers of gay and lesbian children. This is NOT a mother-daughter retreat, but a small group experience for mothers.
Because of their years of experience with homosexual women, Janelle and her associates are in a unique position to help mothers understand and heal and strengthen their relationship with their daughters.
This retreat is brought to you by Desert Hope Ministries.
Anticipated Dates: April 11-13, 2014 and and November 14-16, 2014
Lectures, group experiences, and meals for the retreat are held at the offices of Janelle Hallman and Associate.
8771 Wolff Court, Suite 210
Westminster, CO 80031
$499 per Mother
This payment includes a light dinner on Friday evening, lunch and dinner on Saturday, and lunch on Sunday. The price does not include travel or lodging.
Beginning on Friday evening and ending on Sunday afternoon, time will be spent in teaching, personal reflection, sharing, learning, inspirational readings, dialogue, fellowship, training, processing, eating, praying, crying and laughing. Specifically, mothers in attendance will:
- Hear a personal story of healing and growth from a mother who is in the journey
- Receive framework for understanding the possible biological and developmental causes of same-sex attraction
- Hear a personal story of healing and hope from a woman who has same-sex attraction
- Share their own personal history and circumstances as they relate to their daughter
- Gain a deeper understanding of their daughter
- Receive training on how to employ certain techniques that will help to secure and stabilize a strong warm attachment with their daughter
- Receive personal coaching on their unique relationship with their daughter
- Obtain practical tips in handling other family relationships and concerns in light of the daughter’s homosexuality
- Discover how to build a personal support system
- Gain personal insight and experience hope and joy in the midst of sorrow and loss
- Be encouraged, refreshed and strengthened for the journey ahead
6:30 pm – Introductions and Paperwork – Drinks and a light dinner will be provided.
7 pm – Formal evening schedule begins
9:00 am – 9:45 pm
9:00 am – 2 pm
Plan on one hour to drive to the airport after lunch on Sunday. You should not schedule a return flight earlier than 4:30-5:00 pm on Sunday afternoon.
Each mother must complete and mail in an Application Form with a $200 down payment. The remainder of the fee will be collected at the time of the retreat and can be paid either with cash, check or credit card.
If you would like an application form mailed to you, please call Janelle’s office at 303.429.2100. Advance registration is required. Space is limited. Applications will be accepted on a space available basis.
Payments can also be made via Paypal:
Staying in Colorado
Visit our travel page for information on local hotels, transportation and detailed directions for the Colorado retreat.
For more information on individual or family counseling for mother and daughter relationships please visit Janelle Hallman & Associates or call 303-429-2100