Support for Mothers of Daughters with Same-Sex Attraction
What is it?
What Will Happen?
- Hear a personal story of healing and growth from a mother who is in the journey
- Receive framework for understanding the possible biological and developmental influences of same-sex attraction
- Hear a personal story from a woman who has same-sex attraction
- Share their own personal story and circumstances as they relate to parenting and their current relationship with their daughter
- Gain a deeper understanding of their daughter
- Receive training on how to employ certain techniques that will help to secure and stabilize a strong warm attachment with their daughter
- Receive personal coaching on their unique relationship with their daughter
- Obtain practical tips in handling other family relationships and concerns in light of the daughter’s homosexuality
- Discover how to build a personal support system
- Gain personal insight and experience hope and joy in the midst of sorrow and loss
- Be encouraged, refreshed and strengthened for the journey ahead
Lectures, group experiences, and meals for the retreat are held at the Residence Inn Denver North/Westminster. Breakfast is included with stay at this hotel. A block of rooms have been reserved under “Desert Hope Retreat”. To make a room reservation, call 303-427-9500.
Residence Inn Denver North/Westminster
5010 West 88th Place
Westminster, CO 80031
Other hotels within walking distance of the Residence Inn Denver North/Westminster:
Please note: Breakfast may not be included at the below hotels; it is included at the Residence Inn.
Doubletree Hotel Denver North
8773 Yates Dr
Westminster, CO 80031
Hampton Inn & Suites Westminster
5030 W 88th Place
Westminster, CO 80030
$499 per Mother
This payment includes a light dinner on Friday evening, lunch and dinner on Saturday, and lunch on Sunday. The price does not include travel or lodging.
6:30 pm – Introductions and Paperwork – Drinks and a light dinner will be provided.
7 pm – Formal evening schedule begins
9:00 am – 9:45 pm
9:00 am – 2 pm
Plan on one hour to drive to the airport after lunch on Sunday. You should not schedule a return flight earlier than 4:30-5:00 pm on Sunday afternoon.
Each mother must complete and mail in an Application Form with a $200 down payment. The remainder of the fee will be collected at the time of the retreat and can be paid either with cash, check or credit card.
If you would like an application form mailed to you, please call Janelle’s office at 303.429.2100. Advance registration is required. Space is limited. Applications will be accepted on a space available basis.
Payments can also be made via Paypal:
For more information on individual or family counseling for mother and daughter relationships please visit Janelle Hallman & Associates or call 303.429.2100