Support for Mothers of Daughters with Same-Sex Attraction
What is it?
What Will Happen?
Specifically, mothers in attendance will:
- Share their own personal history and story as it relates to parenting and current relationship with their daughter.
- Receive framework for understanding the possible biological and developmental influences of female same-sex attraction.
- Hear a personal story from a woman who has same-sex attraction.
- Hear a personal story of healing and growth from a mother of a daughter with same-sex attraction.
- Gain a deeper understanding of her daughter and why she may act or communicate in the way she does.
- Receive training on communication techniques that will help to secure and stabilize a strong, warm attachment with her daughter.
- Receive personal coaching on her special relationship with her daughter.
- Obtain practical tips in handling other family relationships and concerns in light of their daughter’s same-sex attraction.
- Discover how to build a personal support system.
- Gain personal insight and experience hope and joy in the midst of sorrow and loss.
- Be encouraged, refreshed, and strengthened for the journey ahead.
Lectures, group experiences, and meals for the retreat are held at the Residence Inn Denver North/Westminster. Breakfast is included with stay at this hotel. A block of rooms have been reserved under “Desert Hope Retreat”. To make a room reservation, call 303-427-9500.
Residence Inn Denver North/Westminster
5010 West 88th Place
Westminster, CO 80031
Other hotels within walking distance of the Residence Inn Denver North/Westminster:
Please note: Breakfast may not be included at the below hotels; it is included at the Residence Inn.
Doubletree Hotel Denver North
8773 Yates Dr
Westminster, CO 80031
Hampton Inn & Suites Westminster
5030 W 88th Place
Westminster, CO 80030
$499 per Mother
This includes a light dinner on Friday evening, breakfast, lunch and dinner on Saturday, and breakfast and lunch on Sunday. Travel and lodging are not included.
6:30 pm – Introductions and Paperwork – Drinks and a light dinner will be provided.
7 pm – Formal evening schedule begins
9:00 am – 9:45 pm
9:00 am – 2 pm
Plan on one hour to drive to the airport after lunch on Sunday. You should not schedule a return flight earlier than 4:30-5:00 pm on Sunday afternoon.
Each mother must complete and mail in an Application Form with a $200 down payment. The remainder of the fee will be collected at the time of the retreat and can be paid either with cash, check or credit card.
If you would like an application form mailed to you, please call Janelle’s office at 303.429.2100. Advance registration is required. Space is limited. Applications will be accepted on a space available basis.
Payments can also be made via Paypal:
For more information on individual or family counseling for mother and daughter relationships please visit Janelle Hallman & Associates or call 303.429.2100