Janelle Hallman speaks in a variety of venues from conference keynotes to higher education classroom settings. Here are some of her upcoming events. You can also purchase audio of her teachings in the Desert Hope Store.
Anticipated Dates: May 1-3, 2015 (Fri. – Sun. Afternoon)
Description: A three-day group experience for mothers of lesbian daughters. This is NOT a mother-daughter retreat, but a small group experience for mothers.
Location: Lectures, group experiences, and meals for the retreat are held in Denver/Westminster, Colorado.
Anticipated Dates: August 7-9, 2015
Description: A three-day group experience for parents of gay-identified sons and daughters. This is NOT a parent-child retreat, but a small group experience for parents.
Location: Lectures, group experiences, and meals for the retreat are held in Denver/Littleton, Colorado.
If you are wanting or needing immediate support, Janelle’s associates are available for parent consults. You may wish to schedule a series of consults that would include some of the content covered during the retreat. For more information, please contact the office at 303.429.2100.
Additionally, Janelle recommends the following resources for parents, which may be purchased through the Desert Hope online store:
- “The Heart of Female Same-Sex Attraction: A Comprehensive Counseling Resource“ by Janelle Hallman (book).
- A Mother’s and Father’s Journey: Growing in Love (CD).
Jim and Terry Vratny share their journey of hope and deep compassion in the midst of facing a loved one’s homosexuality.
- Practical Help for Parents of Gay-Identified Children (CD).
Janelle Hallman guides parents to navigate the sometimes difficult task of facing and accepting the reality that their child has same-sex attractions.
- “Gay Children, Straight Parents: A Plan for Family Healing“ by Richard Cohen (book)
- “Love is an Orientation“ by Andrew Marin (book).
This book is changing the conversation about sexuality and spirituality, and building bridges from the GLBT community to the Christian community and, more importantly, to the good news of Jesus Christ.
- “Reconciliation” Movie (DVD). This thought-provoking film of heartache and triumph will inspire you to love more deeply, seek forgiveness from people you have hurt, and forgive those who have hurt you.
- “Sexual Identity: A Guide for Parents“ by Institute for the Study of Sexual Identity (booklet).