Desert Hope Ministries offers pastoral coaching to parents of gay and lesbian children via office visit, Telephone or SKYPE. The Desert Hope coaches are committed to honoring the parent as the expert in his/her life and family, and believe they are creative and resourceful. Coaching appointments are for the purpose of developing a parents relational skills and abilities, and of strengthening the parent/child bond. It can also help deal with issues and challenges before they become major problems; however, it is not for psychotherapy. Coaching sessions are 50 minutes.
The role of a Desert Hope coach is to:
- Help the parent discover, clarify, and align from within themselves what they want to achieve
- Encourage the parent in their discovery process
- Elicit solutions and strategies from within themselves
- Partner with the parent as you rely on Christ’s teachings and presence to guide the process
To schedule a consultation appointment – please call Paige at 303.429.2100. The Desert Hope coaches are in the Mountain Standard Time zone. When scheduling, you will be asked to provide the phone number or SKYPE name at which the assigned coach will call at the time of the scheduled coaching session.
Desert Hope Ministries is currently running a teleconference support group for mothers of lesbian daughters. The group provides peer support for each mother to continue to strengthen her love bond with her daughter. The day and time the group meets varies with each new group session.
The next groups begin:
- Wednesday’s at 9am (MST) starting on September 26th, 2016 and will go through November 14th, 2016
- Monday’s at 7pm (MST) starting on October 10th, 2016 and will go through November 28th, 2016
Cost: $240 for eight sessions
Prepayment by credit card is required. We take all major credit cards. Each member is responsible for all long distance charges.
To ask questions about the teleconference group or save a spot in the upcoming group – please call Paige at 303.429.2100.